The University of Sheffield Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC) is a network of world-leading research and innovation centres working with manufacturing companies of any size from around the globe.
What is NMIS?
The National Manufacturing Institute Scotland is the future of manufacturing at the heart of the Advanced Manufacturing Innovation District Scotland.
It is where industry, academia, and the public sector work together on ground-breaking manufacturing research to transform productivity levels, make companies more competitive and boost the skills of our current and future workforce.
The National Manufacturing Institute Scotland (NMIS) is a group of industry-led manufacturing research and development facilities with a network of Partners across Scotland brought together to boost the manufacturing community.
Together we are focused on revolutionising skills, productivity, and innovation to help attract investment and make Scotland and the wider UK a global leader in advanced manufacturing.
Growing out of the Scottish Government’s manufacturing action plan published in February 2016, NMIS is an integral part of the Making Scotland’s Future programme.
Our ambitions are to:
● Increase productivity by reducing barriers to innovation
● Grow the economy by galvanising investment and increasing manufacturing competitiveness within Scotland and internationally
● Catalyse job creation and strengthen supply chain links across the country
● Provide leadership, build collaborations and enhance capability to influence adaptation and exploit manufacturing opportunities to boost Scotland’s transition to a net-zero emissions economy by 2045
● Inspire and attract talent and equip current and future workforces with the skills they and the manufacturing and engineering community need
We do this by working with manufacturing businesses of all sizes from across Scotland, the wider UK, and beyond making it easier for them to access innovative technologies and connecting them with our widespread national and international network of world-leading industry and academic experts and collaborators.